Where is the collective wisdom?
Many of us get our wisdom through external media - books, articles, videos, so on. But we really do not share a great book. Sometimes, we share great articles - on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. But that sharing gets lost in the sea of others things we (and others) share on those sites. It does not stand out. And when we really need to find out, it is not searchable. The reason - those sites are not made for recommendations.
- Real identities - so the recommendations can be relied upon
- Any content - wisdom is not just in books, there are great articles, videos, movies, and quotes too.
- Use hashtags to catalog the recommendations/ratings - to who is this book going to be useful for, and for what topic or purpose?
Our vision is to surface that wisdom
We have one purpose - to surface wisdom of this world - along with recommendations and ratings. We want to do it in a reliable and trusted manner - thus real identities are critical. We also want to recognize experts, so that others can search easily - for example, "What do experts in AI recommend?".
What we are creating is
- A site dedicated to sharing recommendations / reviews
- Make it one place where you can catalog all your book reviews, movie reviews, articles and even documents.
- Make it easy to find answers to questions like - what books does my network recommend, or experts in a field recommend?
On the flip side, it is fun too
What are your best rated movies? How do you rate the last TV show you watched? Do your friends know what books you recommend? What are your best liked quotes? See, we are missing a place to catalog these. Some of us do this, but on different sites - Netflix/IMDB for videos, Amazon/Goodreads for books. But it is fragmented. And not really surfacing reviews by your friends or people you care about.
R3byR2 is your
- single place to capture all reviews - for any content type - books, movies/TV Shows, YouTube/Vimeo/TedTalks, articles/blogs, etc.
- place to find out what your friends, and others you recognize/respect, rate highly or recommend - books, movies, artciles/blogs
- place that is not cluttered by other things your friends do - like their vacation photos, or dog videos